RE: great to find you

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: great to find you
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 02:44:42 -0800
        Two Words.....Fulcrum Pins.

        If you put big giant sticky tires on it, the screwed up ackerman angles
(normally the inside tires turns sharper because its making a tighter
turn) that are reversed from the norm, will put HUGE stresses on the
fulcrum pins that hold the upper and lower "A" arms to the suspension
crossmember.  Especially when going slow where the tire is very unlikely
to slip or slide, like backing out of your drive way, and turning sharp
on to the street.

        These pins have been discussed at length in here for both the Alpine
and Tiger.  I'm sure that there are several Tiger owners in here that
can give you the clues for what to look for.

Rich