Re: book review

To: nicholsj@oakwood.org, owner-tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: book review
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 97 08:20:13 -0700
     The drag racing car had an aftermarket fiberglass fastback on it, from
     Astro Fiberglass, or something like that.  I've seen the one original
     Harrington Tiger a couple times, along with a couple pretenders out of
     England.  The original looks nothing like the awkward Astro topped
     version.

     Stu

Author:  Non-HP-owner-tigers (owner-tigers@autox.team.net) at
HP-ColSprings,shargw3
Date:    1/2/97 6:33 AM

     "there was no such thing as a Harrington Tiger"

     On the back of the Sunbeam Specialties catalog is a photo of one with
     the owners name circa 1990.  The car was entered at the Pebble Beach
     Concours D'Elegance in 1990. In my reading about Tigers, I recall
     seeing a photo of a drag racing Tiger in the mid-60's that had a
     fastback similar to the Harrington Alpine. Maybe the one-off
     Harrington Tiger is the same car.

     "sledgehammer"