Just Joined the group

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Just Joined the group
From: DKanar@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 02:11:32 -0500
  I just inherited a 65 Mk I from my father.   It is entirely original, but I
have some problems that have to be taken care of before I can hit the road.
 The car has been in my dad's garage it's whole lifetime, but because of his
advancing years, he didn't drive it much the last 10 or so.  Driveit?  He
didn't even start it very often.   Of course everything in the water lines is
plugged and parts are corroded (water pump..heater valve ...bottom outlet for
radiator. etc.  The motor purrs, but I'm not gonna take it out 'til I know it
isn;'t going to steam up on me.  I also need to replace rubber around the
windows and between the windshield and hardtop.  I just joined C.A.T.   Are
they a good source for part or are there outfits that might have a heater
water valve for this baby?   I know I ask a lot of ?? but I am anxious to get
going on this thing.  The rains don't last forever here in the Seattle area.
  Summer is coming!   By the Way...I want to maintain the original state of
this car as best is possible...  My dad bought it new...and I would like to
bring it back to its previous glory.  It looks good, but it needs help.
   Would appreciate comments...suggestions.
                                                    Duane Kanar     Puyallup,
Wa.