My Battlebird on TV

To: "'norcal-saac@trenco.eng.sun.com'" <norcal-saac@trenco.eng.sun.com>
Subject: My Battlebird on TV
From: Bo Cheadle <bcheadle@montgomery.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 15:06:15 -0800
It is my understanding that my Battlebird will be on My Classic Car the
first weekend in March (I will verify this later). This is the rarest
Thunderbird in the world, a 1957 Ford Thunderbird factory race car that
went 205 mph at Daytona Beach in early 1957. This is a 400 hp fuel
injected (and blown) lightened rocket. It ran against Carrol Shelby at
New Smyrna beach in FL as well, finishing 2nd to ol shel who was driving
a Ferrari at the time.Only two of these were made by a division of
Holman and Moody and this is the only one left. While it is not for sale
it is worth more than my 427 Cobra. I am on the road this week but will
get details and post them later. The footage was taken at Thunderhill
raceway a couple of months ago. Car was restored to perfection from a
basket case condition by Gil Baumgartner, the Chairman of the
authenticity committe of the national t-bird club, CTCI. It has won the
top awards for Thunderbirds at national events in Dearborn, Portland and
Sacramento. Details to follow. Bo.