Re: 289 VS 260

To: RKEMPINS@ssf4.jsc.nasa.gov, rootes@ix.netcom.com, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 289 VS 260
From: HW200@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 13:33:15 -0500 (EST)
To say that any auto manufacturer is not concerened with liability issues is
very simply incorrect. It was an issue in the late 60's (does anyone remember
the name Ralph Nader?), just as it was in the early 70's (does anyone
remember the PINTO?).
So to argue that Rootes, Chysler, or the dealerships themselves did not care
because the design flaws were all over the place in the Tiger doesn't hold
water. Obviously no one of us would complain about a 289 instead of a 260 at
the time of purchase in 1967, tha'ts' also a given. Someone ought to reserach
just how many lawsuits came forth as a result of misrepresentation on any
level at this time before
assuming that in the 60's we were not a lawsuit happy society. In fact, we
were then just as we are now. Although it is a sad commentary, and the
written facts say there were no 289's.... AND why would you switch back and
forth between 260 and 289 instead of a straight switch over if you had truly
"run out" of 260's? Why not evaluate history through the judiciary branch of
our governement, many folks believe it is the safest way  of intrepreting
history available. I too believe it COULD have happened, just as I too
believe Oliver Stone COULD have shot JFK.