Re[2]: 260/289?

To: Norman Miller <rootes1@best.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: 260/289?
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 97 09:22:38 EST

     I hate to flog a dead horse, but why not compare the records of how
     many 289 engines where ordered and shipped to the number of MkII
     Tigers built. Subtract the two numbers and subtract the number that
     were used for prototype testing (there must be a record somewhere) and
     what is left over could have been inserted in the production line.  I
     don't know how many Mk1as are said to have 289 engines, but a
     comparison between 289s left over versus the  claimed number of Mk1as
     with 289s will show if its possible to have a Mk1a with a 289.  Of
     couse this doesn't prove anything except that its possible to have a
     289 Mk1a.

     Jeff  (Tiger with a 260 and proud of it!)