[RE]: Rattles

To: "'tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [RE]: Rattles
From: Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 97 11:20:00 MST
>Well, I really DO care.  Can someone tell me what a loud rattle from the
>right rear under hard acceleration might be?  I have heard the term
>"spring windup" before but have never experienced it.  Could that be the
>problem?
>

>Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
>            1969 MGC            - HERS

Rick,
You might have a broken weld on the panhard rod attachment. They have been
known to rip loose occasionally. Spring windup is normally experienced when
slamming second gear real hard with a power shift and not having traction
bars. I knocked both headlight rims off once doing that very thing (that was
before the traction bars).

Cullen Bennett B9472658 in Tempe AZ.