engines

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: engines
From: "Tom Ballou" <TBallou@LANMAIL.RMC.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 97 17:33:33 EST
Don't think the 426 is that far afield.  For those of you who really care,
Pacific Performance is offering a small block 427 kit motor.  It uses a 351W
block (only slightly modified), 351W (or equivalent) heads, a 400M crank
(highly modified), Chrysler 360 rods, and Chevy 350 pistons to produce a 427
cid stroker.  I see no good reason one wouldn't fit in a Tiger (I realize the
higher block might require modified headers).  It will literally go anywhere
a 351W will go and weighs the same.  Kit, without heads, is about $1800.  I
suppose this would introduce a whole new level of performance (or perhaps
lunacy).