Re: 260 Vs. 289

To: deldredge@acl.nyit.edu
Subject: Re: 260 Vs. 289
From: rootes1@best.com (Norman Miller)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:25:06 -0800 (PST)
It is more than possible to install a 289 in place of the original 260.
However, B382001816 was shipped from the "factory" with 6563 B19KC as its
260 engine.  Further, it is not a 1967 Tiger.  The production records give
its completion date as 3/28/66.

Why not check out the Web site listed below and update the owner information
for this car?

>       I have recently acquired what I believe to be a 1967 Tiger with
>the VIN 382001816.  I have been told that it has a 289, not a 260.
>Is this accurate.  The Tiger does have the small Chrysler emblem on front
>right and says Sunbeam V-8 on the back.  Thanks.
>
>                       Deldredge@acl.nyit.edu

Norman C. Miller

Rootes Group Depot
"The International Registry Of Sunbeam Tigers"
"The Book Of Norman, Volume I"
"Tiger Press"
"Web Page" (http://www.best.com/~rootes1/rootes-group.html)