Walnut Dash

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Walnut Dash
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 04:38:20 -0800
        Someone posted a while back about walnut wood vaneer (sp)
replacement sheets.  My Dad has a Jag XJ-6L Series II and wants to
replace the dash, I suggested just peeling and replacing the Walnut
vaneer, or whatever type of wood that is on the dash with new stuff.
Someone had posted about a place that you could order this type of
material from.  I think it was for the Sunbeam Tiger, but the process is
the same for either car.

Questions:
(1)     What Type of wood is used for the facing on the Jag dash (Jag
list members, please e-mail me directly.  I am no longer on the list.)

(2)     What U.S. or Western Canadian companies manufacture this
material, and at what price.  The Jag dash is a little longer than the
Tigers' is

(3)     Has anyone on the Jag list done this?  Recommendations?
Problems?  Disasters?

Rich