RE: Tiger racing harness installation

To: tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Tiger racing harness installation
From: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 97 08:10:00 PST
>  Anyone have suggestions for installation of 5-point harness in a Tiger?
>  I would like to make it a nice professional looking modification.
>  Anybody attach theirs to the roll bar?

We use a six-point harness, and the two shoulder straps are attached  to a
horizontal bar we added to the roll bar between the main hoop and  the
cross-brace.  It LOOKs nice, and we haven't had any squawks from  SCCA SOLO
II-type tech inspectors, but  I've always worried about it being like that.

Of course, I guess if a rollover takes the bar, it doesn't REALLY much
matter whether my carcass remains with the car or not!

Ramon
rs11@ElSegundoCA.ncr.com