Re: The good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

To: tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The good, The Bad, and the Ugly.
From: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 97 06:41:00 PST

>  Well lets see.  As I remember, The first time I changed the oil during
breakin, I started redesigning the oil filter system.

What a coincidence!  I wasn't quite as far-thinking at the time, though.  It
was maybe the third or fourth oil change before I started fixing mine.

>  The modification I dumped first was a set of wing windows I built to
reduce
>  the amount of air that blows in through the open side windows.  They were
>  plexiglass and bright orange in color.  Today I think they were butt
ugly,
>  but remember, those were my formative years in automotive tastes.

Bright orange?  Any chance you have some pictures for show 'n' tell?

>  The modification I would not repeat was the addition of the rear disc
brakes,
>  and I must qualify this . . . The moral of the story is: just because it
fits doesn't
>   make it "work".  If you want to have better brakes than you can get with
Hi tech
>   linings, get "PROFESSIONAL" help in picking components to work together.

Good words Tom.  A lot of people go out and buy the parts and hang 'em on
the car and boast about their rear disc brakes.  Then when they jump on the
binders, they don't stop any better than someone with stock brakes and good
pads 'n' shoes, and if the bias isn't right, they could end up in the weeds
real quick.

Ramon
rs11@ElSegundoCA.ncr.com