Brake Booster

To: Tigers Den <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake Booster
From: Steven Laifman <av342@lafn.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 16:03:23 +0100
I am having problems with my MK IIB Girling vacuum brake booster eating
all my hydraulic fluid.  Kind of dicey, gettin home with your emergency
(parking) brake.

Am going to have it professionally rebuilt, but it seems there is a lack
of MkIIB 7" rebuild kits.  This is NOT the original unit with the
bolt-on diaphragm cover, but the similar unit with a outer ring around
the cans.  Although it looks like the ring can be rotated 15 degrees to
allow disassembly, I am told that the official procedure is to cut it
off because there is a replacement bolt together band in the kit.
Anyone out there with a source for the complete rebuild kit (have part
numbers if needed)?  Anyone with hands-on experience in re-building
without one?  Not shopping for a mechanic, just kits and experience
base.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/