Re: How high is up?

To: NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: How high is up?
From: PLRRESTO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:30:56 -0500 (EST)
Rick,

Your problem may not be a matter of the body sitting too low, but rather that
the driveshaft is not centered in the tunnel enough to prevent the front
U-joint yokes from making contact with the tunnel on the passenger side. The
factory, in fact, dimpled the tunnel at this point to eliminate this problem.
If this was not enough, the factory then placed a rectangular spacer with two
slots behind the passenger side mounting flange of the cross tube assembly(
V-shaped mount bracket).This spacer effectively moved the tail shaft housing
/ driveshaft closer to the centerline of the tunnel.

I imagine that by now most of these spacers have been removed. Also, I have
seen several cars undergoing the restoration process where the owner/restorer
took out the factory dimple thinking it was accident damage or a factory flaw
, only to find that they had to put the dimple back in.

This may not be your problem, since the noise I describe usually occurs when
making a hard left turn. However, it's worth a look.

Good luck
Paul Reisentz
Reisentz Restorations