Re: The Inside Story (#1)

To: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Subject: Re: The Inside Story (#1)
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 12:55:55 -0500
Larry:
I re-covered the seat bottoms of my Tiger about 6 months ago, so I know
of what you speak.

When choosing the finish for your seat frames be aware that you will
probably be able to see parts of them when they are assembled and
covered.  I did not realize this, so mine are Rustoleum Royal
Blue...yech.

What type of bottom support did you have under the seat cushions?  If it
is the rubber diaphragm type held in place with S-hooks (sort of) let me
know.  They are a real bear to attach (because of the weight they must
support they are REALLY tight).

While I did not have leather to work with, I guess that it will work
similarly to vinyl.  I had the help of my wife for this part and I hope
you will have help too.  The seats are so bulky and unbalanced that they
are a pain to work with.  We put metal grommets in every point that
those hooks were to pierce and were very happy with the results.

Above all else, take your time with this job.   And, as with
woodworking, measure twice, cut once.

Best of luck.
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS