Copper Head Gaskets

To: "'alpine clan'" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Copper Head Gaskets
From: "Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, Ca)" <GROSS@UNIT.COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 10:35:00 -0800
Tigers and Alpine listers,

Perhaps one or some of you can help me on an ambitious project I am
considering.

I have been looking into the possibility to make and use ssolid copper
head gaskets
for use on an Alpine.

Alpine engines can't be bored beyond .040 due to the fact that the
available gaskets
will not have enough sealing surface around the bore areas on the block.

A solid copper head gasket could be modified to allow for larger bores.

Does anyone have any info on solid copper gaskets?

Anyone have any opinions?

I have found a supplier for the gaskets and the price seems good, but
something that does'nt work is a bad deal at any price.

I really wonder about the capability of a gasket to seal if it does not
have a raised area around the coolant ports and the combustion chamber.

Thanks in advance.

Jarrid Gross
Series II Alpine
"Pointy Fin Race Team"