TIES (naw, come on, read it!)

To: Tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TIES (naw, come on, read it!)
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 19:36:06 -0800
There's a reason the reply from Dennis Simon about a Tiger/Alpine tie didn't
arrive until today; I
didn't write him until a week ago. He _is_ indeed interested. Here's the deal:

- 400 ties @ $18, 300 @ $22, or 200 @ $25.
- reorders of 24+ ties @ $16
- lots of opportunity for our input on appearance
- 4 month process
- 50% up front

Cool! But the first problem is, _I_ cannot bankroll this project. My first
thought would be for one
(or more)of our Sunbeam-specific vendors on the list to jump in. Perhaps this
could be a co-op
venture among all interested parties, private, vendors and club alike. If we
get anywhere close,
I'll talk to the fancy tie store at Washington's Union Station (mebbe you too
can think of someone
who might place an order for some ties). Currently, enough folks have expressed
interest to me (I
kept a list) for about 50 ties; not a bad start.

Come on! We cannot leave this type of marque expression to the Porsche and
Ferrari crowd! Everybody
jump in here; state your opinion.

BTW, the artist has pretty cool stationery, with an image of what appears to be
a Maserati Birdcage
on it. Future project: Rootes stationery?

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"