You don't HAVE to TAC...

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: You don't HAVE to TAC...
From: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:28:20 -0500 (EST)
        It keeps coming up again and again.

  "Hey, whatcha guys bitchin' about ??  This program is voluntary.  You
don't  _ HAVE_   to TAC.  Nobody's forcing you........etc.......etc......"
 The implication is that if I choose not to TAC,.... well.....,  no harm no
foul.......

I would really buy off on that logic.....EXCEPT. .........

___If I choose not to get a car TAC'ed , there's a good chance that now my
vehicle will be viewed with suspicion from others and/or it's resale
possibilities limited versus a TAC'ed car.  _

 For example, we had a posting from a gentleman in ( Maine ?, R.I  ?,
sorry, I forgot ) who basically indicated that given the choice of buying a
TAC'ed car or a non-TAC'ed car  ( all other things being equal ) , then
he'd opt for the TAC'ed one.  I see Tigers for sale in Hemmings advertising
their "TAC".   This indicates a trend  that breeds the possibility that
ANY car without a TAC is going to be viewed with suspicion.

So what ??  So  then it becomes a matter of   "either play by STOA's rules,
or suffer the consequences".   Now maybe, just maybe I'd even be ok with
that, except STOA steadfastly refuses to publish the "rules" based on the
presumption of dishonesty within the Tiger community.  ( That's you and me
folks, and if you don't believe me just read their homepage ).

Hey, call me what you will, but if I'm gonna have people making decisions
on policies that affect my possessions, then I sure as hell want to have a
say in how that policy is decided, and how it's administered.  Hence my
call for consensus.......If this affects everyone who owns a Tiger, then
let's get as many Tiger owners as we can to decide how the policy is
written......and how it's administered.

                                            Rick Fedorchak