Book

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Book
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 21:49:06 -0500
At 06:07 pm 3/19/97 +0100, you wrote:
>O.K., Jim,
>
>About the "260 Tiger Flat Rate Table in Performance Tuning" the Sunbeam
>Tiger manual. I can appreciate a brief answer, but -- "yes" ?
>I'll bite. What can you tell me about it's origin. Are there copies
>available? It sounds interesting, I never realized just how many hours
>these "simple" jobs could take. I always thought I was taking too long
>because I was such a novice. No kidding, I'd like to know more, and even
>see one someday.
>
>Steve
>
>--
>Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
>B9472289              < important in your life    >
>                      < and don't let it get away!>

Steve,
        Performance Tuning Sunbeam Tiger by Gordon Chittenden,
published by Floyd Cymer Publications copyright 1967.
Floyd Cymer Publications ( in 1967) was at: 222 No. Virgil ave.,
Los Angeles, Calif 90004.  I bought my copy years ago from
one of those companies that advertise with a huge list of car books
in Car and Driver or similar mag.  To show that the flat rate
is really for a Tiger get this:

"One valve /valve spring, R&R (L. H. side)  No.1 to 7  1 hr 32 min.
One valve /valve spring, R&R (L. H. side)  No 8         9 hr 12 min."

Now you know one reason I moved my firewall back 6".

Book has a picture of Gorden driving the Larry Reed Sports Car Drag racing
Sunbeam Tiger.  108 Mph at 12.95 sec.

It would be interesting to know if Gorden Chittenden is still into Tigers.
If you are out there Gorden let us know.

Jim Barrett TigerII 351C and others.