Re: Speedos and mystery noise

To: "Ed E. Powell" <102430.3640@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Speedos and mystery noise
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 12:09:10 -0800 (PST)
At 08:55 PM 3/29/97 EST, you wrote:
>>>Lemme guess......the PCV valve had popped loose from the right valve cover
>and was rattling against the valve cover during deceleration and blown away
>from the engine during acceleration.  Okay, Okay, but remember, you asked!!
>
>Sir, you are closer to the truth than you think!  And the truth is nearly as
>goofy as what you have proposed.
>
>Ed E. Powell
>102430.3640@compuserve.com
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/SunLizard

Okay Eddy, one last try if I am THAT close......it could really be only two
other possibilities that I can think of off the top of my head: 1) the oil
breather (cap itself) or the tube connecting to the air cleaner came loose,
or 2) the air cleaner itself was not tightened down sufficiently.  Either
way, has to do with the "breathing" system of the car, so counts as only one
(grin) answer.  BTW, figure it has to do with the breathing system in some
fashion as noise occurred during deceleration (no vacume) and abated during
acceleration (serious vacume condidtion).

Thanks for the teaser!!  Happy Easter and let me know how close I am this time!!

Regards,

Allan
B9472373 (hope it TAC's, who cares if it doesn't...what a ride!!)

PS, BTW, The Wife and I Took the Tigger (aawgh!) to 7:00 mass this morning.
Created quite a stir with fellow parishioners.  Wish I could'a replaced the
cantor's guitar licks with the sound of the Tigger wide open!!  Would've
been a much more pleasureable experience.
"Iron rusts with disuse, stagnant water loses it's purity, and in cold
weather becomes frozen, even so does inaction sap the vigors of the mind."
Leonardo Da Vinci