Re: Brake booster questions

To: Jay Laifman <jlaifman@pircher.com>
Subject: Re: Brake booster questions
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 20:06:30 +0000

> I also remember that there is one out there call a "Brooklands" servo.
> But, I don't know anything else about it.
>
> So there you have it.
>
> Jay
Jay; the unit I used in my Tiger is made by Midland. It's a USA made
unit that is nearly identical dimensionaly to the original unit. It's
made from cast iron, so the problem of the aluminun bore rotting out is
eliminated. This unit is very popular with the street rod set. Pick up a
copy of "Street Rodder" magazine. They've got a 1/2 dozen vendors
selling these units, @$210 these days.
I got mine from the Godman Co. Nice people to deal with, and
knowledgable of the products they sell. The Midland unit comes in 2
sizes, get the small one. The big unit is better suited to stopping a
'40 with a big block!
You need to buy a few pieces of brake line fittings and a anti-backfire
valve for the vacum hose. I got it all from Godman, an itfit right the
first time.
Install is easy.(At least by my standards!) You'll have to bend up a
lower bracket to mate with the one on the Tiger firewall, and one more
short one to anchor the topside.(Actualy, I recycled some spare
brackets, but 1/2" flat stock will do) It'll be real obvious once you
get working on it.
Bend new brakelines for the master cyl. to booster, and booster to 5 way
junction. Bleed the unit(has it's own screw) and lines. Hitch up the
vacum hose, and it's done. Works real nice!