Re: Small Block Ford Powered European Sports Cars Other Than the TVR

To: Rob Hogan <rob_hogan@michweb.net>
Subject: Re: Small Block Ford Powered European Sports Cars Other Than the TVR
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 18:08:51 +0100
Rob Hogan wrote:

> BTW, who knows what an Intermechanica Italia is and how the car's
> performance compared with the Tiger?  Any links?

Yes, I know what an Intermechanica Italia is. I even know what car the
producer made next. Yes, it can go faster and quicker than a Tiger. But
then for that price, it ought to. The car was designed by an American
(or at least financed) and was produced in Italy with an aluminum body.
The Ford engine was added in this country. It was a not-so-poor man’s
Pantera. Later on, the promoter was building great Porsche Speedster
replica’s in Orange County, California. I hesitate to call them “kits”
because they came completely assembled. painted, and ready to hang on a
shortened VW pan for about $4000 initial offer. He sold the molds after
a few years. This is not the Florida, or any other knock-off. Have
driven both of them, and would not mind owning either of these cars.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/