Nuts

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nuts
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 22:03:02 -0500
To all Tiger and Alger owners with wing nuts on Air cleaner,
        The Roots part number is: 9550040 Nut, 1/4" U.N.C.
 and 9067015 Washer, 1/4" plain.
The Carb Stud is: 1224657 Stud-Air Cleaner.
The picture: Plate D- Section AF of Roots Document 6601131 (second issue),
Item 146 clearly shows that the nut is a plain HEX nut.

Changing to a wing nut was one of the first changes I did to my TigerII.
By the way, the air cleaner top and bottom were listed as "not supplied"
as Roots replacement parts.  The air cleaner was a " Proprietary Article"
from A.C. Delco, Dunstable, Bedfordshire.  Maby that is why so many
people keep looking for it.  It used to be a pain to get the original type
air filter element, but now I just take an Puro AFP83-1 or STP SAF-50A
or AC A355C or Fram CA324A or CA5033 or even a Motocraft
FA612R and simply squeeze it on the sides and stretch it a very little longer
and it fits the original air cleaner mounts good enough.  These filters
are for a Mustang and they are thicker than the original so unless you
have a hood scoop you may not be able to use them. You also need a
longer Carb stud.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others.