I mean _really_, really small

To: Tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: I mean _really_, really small
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 11:04:06 -0700
I've received several inquiries about the miniature Tigers. I saw them
mentioned in the new te/ae
newsletter and rushed out (literally) to the toy store; in my case it was the
Toys-R-Us chain. Find
the aisle with the  Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, and start looking for cars
_way_ smaller than
that. I found them on an end cap, and they only come in multiple sets. The
Tiger comes in set #18,
"Super Spies". You get three James Bond vehicles: Aston Martin DB5 (with a
bullet-proof shield that
pops up about 1/8"), a BMW Z3 and a Lotus Esprit. Then a Carnival Red Tiger 1A,
one assumes from Get
Smart, and a brg Bentley tourer which I figure to be Steed's from TV's Avengers
(wrong color to be
JB's from the old books). They also throw in five "other" cars (inventory
cleanout?): a Corvair, the
Phantom Corsair, an El Camino (major barfo; doesn't look much like an EC at
all), an early MR2 and a
Willys gasser.

Oh, yes: the cars are held into the packaging with plastic squeeze clips; be
_very_ careful.

On an only-slightly-bigger-scale note, I just bought an EMCO 1/43 Jensen
Interceptor convertible kit
from Wally Swift. That just about exhausts the possible TransAtlantic car kits
I've been able to
find, and the display case I put up in the garage is still about empty. Hey;
I'll take suggestions:
what color to paint the Jensen? After seeing that Willys, bright orange
interests me.  :-)

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"