Re: Lucas headlamps

To: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: Lucas headlamps
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 20:52:23 +0100
Hey guys,

I have the original Lucas headlamps, and they do not have replaceable
bulbs. They are sealed beams, like the American ones. One of the reasons
is that California code required “sealed beams” even though there were
better at that time. What California requires, everybody in the US gets
because 40% of all foreign cars went to California. Mine are indeed on
the shelf for show time. I have already seen the Concours examiners, and
wouldn’t you know that the FIRST thing they check is whether the
headlights, tail lights, brake lights and turn signals work.

I use Hella lamps for street use. They are very good, halogen bulbs,
chrome bulb shield and support (single chrome support, not tri-star),
and best of all flat front glass. Look great and give great light with
the sheild stopping glare to oncoming traffic.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/