holes

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: holes
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 19:00:48 -0400
At 08:53 am 4/16/97 +0000, you wrote:
>In the restoration of my Tiger, I noticed a small plate bolted to the
>upper inside of the wheelwell, both sides.  The location, if you were
>looking into the wheel well is at the rear, at the highest point near
>the fender.
>
>What was this for?
>
>Larry

Larry;
        On an Alpine with the sheet metal cover for the folded down
rag top; the plate holds a fitting that the sheet metal covers attach to.
I do not believe it was for shoulder straps.  The hole is also a good
place for tire smoke to enter the car after a good burn out if no bolt is
inserted to the hole.  It is also a good place for rust to form.
  Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others