Re: The Inside Story (#6)

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The Inside Story (#6)
From: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:07:32 -0400 (EDT)
Regarding Larry's progress report:

>       The Dynamat is about all in........( etc)......

        I personally viewed the garage queen this past weekend.  Larry does
in fact have liberal amounts of the metal foil covered dynamat covering
generous expanses of his interior.  Funny thing, as I viewed Larry's car
with the interior stripped out, the windshield off, a small portion of the
5-speed peeking out through the shifter hole, and the Dynamat vaguely
similar in apppearance to , say, aluminum interior panels ( ok, maybe you
have to squint to make that one work ),  I got the strange sensation of
looking at ....dare I say it..... a race car.    A short windscreen
installed, a maximum support racing bucket seat, a rollbar, and he'd be in
business !!

        Hey Larry, you could even sell your leather interior to fund a fuel
cell and lots of racing fuel .......

>       Having lost my 20-year-old bottle of red bulb dye,..................
>After having given up, I found the bottle. By then, Rick Fedorchak had
brought
>me a fistful of (all faded) red indicator lamps, so I coated them all.
Onegoes
>in the Garage Queen, and I hear Rick will trade the others for MK2 grilles
or
>TAC certificates on vehicles of his choice.

        Whoops.  Gotta crush that rumor right now.  I already  have all the
MK2 grilles and TAC certificates that I'll ever  want.  ;~)

        OTOH,  I'm overstocked on  NOS upper taillight lenses, and
"understocked" on good taillight housings and lower lenses.  ( understocked
compliments of some local theives a few years back )  Anyone have any
interesting trades they'd like to make  ??

                    Rick Fedorchak