recent readings

To: Rick & Amy at home <amyf@pop.erols.com>,
Subject: recent readings
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 13:42:02 -0700
Steve Laifman posted:
>>       275 hp in a Omni/Horizon!  You guys are smokin!  Hope your life
>>       insurance is paid up.
>> The guys tell me that the 2.2 is good for about 325 hp, but the
>> Omni/Horizon chassis won't take much over 275 hp.

>I am sorry, Jim, but you are technically incorrect. The chassis will
>indeed "take" 325 hp. (SNIP) If, however, you intend to change direction from a
>straight line, another set of restrictions apply.

Amen! My wife's Omni, a decade ago, was useless-at-any-speed with only
70HP, and
that was after gas shocks and 185/70-13's on k-car wheels, amongst other
goodies.
Supposed to be a Rabbit knock-off, but it didn't turn out that way in
practice; usual
Mopar garbago (then why did I buy that Rampage?)

"Andy Walker" wrote:
>        This subject has probably been brought up many times in this forum so
>please indulge me a little here.  Has anyone out there solved the problem
>of these damn rattly Ford shifters yet?

I did. A couple of grand and one additional ratio later... :)

"Spontelli, Ramon" posted:

>>  Does anybody know what the hell this foot rest or whatever you want to
>>  call it on the passenger side is?

>It's there so the rug will fit.    ; - )

I understand it covers the odd-shaped well left behind when the car is
switched
over from RHD. After reading about it in a magazine article, I jerked
mine out,
the carpet hasn't fit right since. And all to give Susan some leg room
(she's all
of 5'2").

Larry Paulick wrote:
>Anyone have an email address for Tiger Tom? Mine will not go through.

Tom, by his own admission, has a terminal case of AOL. I'd recommend
calling him,
Joanne now picks up the phone most times.

Todd Rayson wrote:

>1 Chrome gas pedal assembly with new Tiger rubber on the pedal.$35
>1 Chrome vent assembly with cable. $20
>2 Chromed Door Triangles. $10 each

These parts are supposed to be chromed??? Aw, cr*p, that sets back my
interior
restoration back even more!  :)

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"