Re: And the Morale to the Story is......

To: Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: And the Morale to the Story is......
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 13 May 97 13:52:04 -0600
     I installed a 800CFM electric fan in front of the radiator in my
     otherwise stock Tiger.  It's wired to a dashboard switch, rather than
     a thermostatic setup.  It does basically NOTHING to aid cooling.  At
     idle, it seems to increase the flow from the stock fan a bit, but if
     you blip the revs up, the stock fan produces far more airflow than
     this thing ever could.  So all I use it for is cooling things off
     after I shut it down.  The next time the radiator comes out, this fan
     will probably be removed.

     I don't know how many CFM you would need to make a difference, but
     it's a lot more that 800.

     Stu

Author:  Non-HP-owner-tigers (owner-tigers@autox.team.net) at
HP-ColSprings,mimegw3
Date:    5/13/97 1:15 AM

Before abandoning the electric set up did you try ...

I only assume they should work on a Tiger since I don't remember seeing any.
Anybody else running electric fans on their Tigers?

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  "fix me"
                       Yamaha Seca 900