d.m.v. no hassel

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: d.m.v. no hassel
From: maria knapek <mariak@razorlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 22:32:03 -0700
Armand & lorie
        As a matter of fact I had the same problem. My car was built in October
of 1964, the title read 1966 model, first sold in 1965. How can this be
possible. I posed the question to the d.m.v., how can a car be built in
1966 and then be sold in 1965? Obviously there is a problem with the
numbers.
        My car's title now reads year model 1964 first sold in 1965. I guess
you could say that I'm proof that the California d.m.v. will work with
you. You just have to be patient and prepared, heavy on the prepared.
        I went to my local d.m.v. armed with Norm Miller's book of Norman, Rick
McCloud's Sunbeam Specialties catalogue, Classis Sunbeam's catalogue,
British Victoria's Catalogue, and a fax of Rick McClouds registration.
My local d.m.v. did not have any documentation at all that showed vin
verses year. They looked at all of my supplied references, and
photo-copied the covers and anything that referenced year vs. vin.
        It took two tries to get all the paper work straight, not to mention
the long line that formed behind me that streached out of the building,
and all those cold stares from the people in that line. What can I say,
I don't make the rules I just adjust to them.
        I even got to keep my original black plates.
        Let me know if I can help,further.
                Dennis Knapek