My Sunbeam Tour of England

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My Sunbeam Tour of England
From: Dave Sotero <dsotero@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 23:08:22 -0700
I got back from a trip to England a couple of weeks ago and finally have the
chance to drop a note to the Sunbeam list.  My Sunbeam tour of England
included four motor museums (Beaulieu, Heritage, Canterbury Motor Museum (a
mechanic's gaaarage) and of course, the Coventry Museum of Britsh Road
Transport.  Absolutely wonderful, but advice for anyone who's interested in
doing this:  make sure you go with someone who likes motor museums.  I
learned the hard way when my fiance (I proposed to her in Saint Paul's
Cathedral in London) dragged me kicking and screaming out of the Beaulieu
Motor Museum after only two hours, and I hadn't even gotten to the second
floor yet!  Also got to visit the old Rootes Stoke and Ryton plants.  I
wished there was time to see more of Coventry motor factories -- there's too
many to count.  I also visited Sunbeam Supreme in Leicester (about an hour
and a half out of Coventry), and walked away with an authentic AM Radio for
100 pounds (equal to about $160), authentic Sunbeam mud flaps, a new Rootes
Center console badge, authentic lighter and assortment of REALLY hard to
find parts.  By far the most valuable item I bought was the AM radio.  Does
anybody know what those two switches on either side of the radio are for?
And does Sunbeam Specialties or other vendor sell replacement switches if
they don't work?
Dave Sotero
Cybergeek/Info Junkie/ Sunbeam Lover