Fire Arrow

To: Tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fire Arrow
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 11:47:41 -0700
Richard Atherton wrote:
> Free car to good home
>
>        Here's an ad from someone that works here.  Is this car one of
>the late Rootes / Chrysler abominations?  If it is, I may go look at it.
>What the hell, it's free!
>Rich
>> I have a 1980 Plymoth Fire Arrow that I'd like to find a home for....
>> Last two people who said they'd take it couldn't find a way to get it
>> home, so it's still available...
>>
>> Here are the details:
>>
>> 1980 Plymoth Fire Arrow
>> 2-door hatchback
>> 2.6 litre engine

I recall the Fire Arrow being popular on the rally circuit, due to the torquey
2.6
litre motor; a noticeable improvement over the 1.6 and 2.0(?) litre motor in
the normal
Arrows.

I liked the Arrow, had a roommate who owned one. It was built in the Colt
"Lancer" chassis,
light & nimble, and had Mitsubishi's feature of an adjustable  steering column.
No head room,
though; I wouldn't recommend one for anyone over, say, 5'8". I know of _no_
connection to
Rootes for this car.

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"