Re: New Aluminum Radiators (was: Remember???)

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>, alcon@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: New Aluminum Radiators (was: Remember???)
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Tue, 27 May 97 15:09:02 EST

   I took my Tiger radiator to get recored and asked the owner if an aluminum
replacement is more efficient.  He said the original radiator is 'heavy duty'
and didn't believe an aluminum radiator would help.  In a recent article on
cooling hot motors in one of the  hot rod mags a statement was made that copper
and brass is more efficient in cooling versus aluminum. There must be a lot of
marginal cooling systems in street rods in light of all the articles on
radiators in those magazines.

Keepin' Cool,

Jeff