heater cable

To: Tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: heater cable
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 20:28:35 -0700
William Goebner wrote:
>Larry,
>I don't know if this is the best answer, but I have fabricated one from
>a choke cable obtained from a local auto parts supply.  I need to re-do
>mine again.  Every time I do it I route the cable in a different way and
>buy a different valve which operates backwards from the last valve I
>used.  This time I have the correct valve at least!

Thanks for the idea.
Yesterday a friend gave me a heater cable from off a "donor" Tiger; it was
attached to the
valve but not to the lever assembly (gones-ville). I figured on using the inner
wire only.
Surprise! This one is way shorter. Anybody know the correct length? The _outer_
housing on
the one out of the Garage Queen is 36" long, vs 27" for the "donor" unit.
Question: izzit safe
to cut down my housing, will it still reach? The path seems to be an inverted
"P" when viewed
from directly above the car (why the h*ll would anyone do _that_?), looping
toward the
vicinity of the glove box before heading back towards the lever to attach to
it. Wacko!

>p.s.
>Thanks for all of your wonderful

?????????

>and informative posts.

You're certainly welcome; if anybody can learn from everything I've done wrong
so far (and,
perhaps, occaisionally right), then that's great.

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"

It's late, I'm tired, mebbe I need some of that rice juice!  :)