Re: Swapping Blocks

To: Ron Franklin <oldhaven@mail.biddeford.com>
Subject: Re: Swapping Blocks
From: Alvin and Lucille Johnson <johnson@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 17:57:14 -0400
You know, the 302 swap looks so straight forward, I think I would like
to get one of those elusive dual pattern bellhousings---you know---the
one with both the 5-bolt and the 6-bolt pattern on it. There are so many
5.0 blocks with roller cams and 30-year better technology floating
around, that resussitating the old 5-bolt 289 makes less and less sense.
With a 4 barrell and no pollution controls, that small block would yield
1/3rd more horsepower effortlessly. Yeah, i know it is thinwall and not
as burly as the old castings, but maybe...
    As it now looks like we are going to the Ford Motorsport Nationals
in Pa. mid-month, that might be a good place to find one. I understand
they have a helluva parts sale there. And BTW,I'll keep my eyes peeled
for air cleaners so I can extort big bucks from you rabid-for-
originality fatcats out there.
     Does anyone know the Bellhousing parts number? and don't I recall
someone advertising one for sale in the CAT classifieds about a year
ago? And don't I recall a photo of one in the newsletter several years
ago? Or is it easier to just send a check for a Lakewood?
Al J. (non-stock and lovin' it)