Smart's Tiger and model

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Smart's Tiger and model
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 21:51:27 -0400
At 09:33 am 5/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>The reasoning behind the Alpine choice and not the Tiger was not only
>mechanical, but for the story line, as well. Being an enthusiastic Alpine
>owner, I am proud to say that the Alpine carried "Miata" populist status in
>the old days and was not primarily seen as being ultra chic and top of the
>line. This stayed in line with Maxwell Smart's less than stellar status as
>a secret agent. His following cars (Karmann Ghia and Fiat Spyder) keep this
>train of thought in tact. To own a high powered machine such as the Tiger
>would have been the antithesis of Smart being the everyman secret agent.
>Comments?
>-Wyndham
      Previous discussions on the Maxwell Smart cars referenced a
Maxwell Smart Web page.  I was stated in that page that the cars
Smart drove had to do with advertisers for the TV show and not
 much else except that the first Tiger was the personal car of Smart
before the TV show.  The Smart fan club web guy referenced me to
a place to buy an original red plastic Maxwell Smart Tiger model
for only $100.  I think I will stay with my home built model.

By the way, several years ago I measured my Tiger body on a
1" square matrix and entered the coordinates into Autocad.  I then
printed out exact 1/8" scale "slices" of the data.  I glued 1/8" board
to the patterns, cut them out with a jig saw and glued them together.
This produced a 1/8 scale Tiger model. (Not smooth but with steps
where the heigth changed quickly.  Never did fill in and smooth it
out.  Still have the data on a floppy but my new computer does not
have Autocad.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others