Fwd: Rear suspention

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Rear suspention
From: SDeane7000@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 22:08:04 -0400 (EDT)
Subj:   Re: Rear suspention
Date:   97-06-10 21:44:44 EDT
From:   SDeane7000

Hello,

I recently purchased a Mark II with a few after market mods to improve
handling, including a unique device to prevent wheel hop.  It's a for-to-aft
triangulated arm attached to a bracket on the diff to a tie point at the body
just below the tail shaft of the transmission.  The pannard has been removed.
 Hiem joints (spelling) are at three points; top and bottom of diff mounts
and front point (under tailshaft).  This creates a very long and strong arm
running just below the drive line allowing for twist and swing of the diff
(along an arc approx. equal to the drive line) yet prevents all wheel hop
without the drawbacks of a pannard (constantly tearing loose and putting
non-symetrical affects into suspension) or traction bars.

The item was procured from Dan Walters, the inventor I'm told.  Info for him
is:
Dan Walters
P.O. Box 11771
San Bernardino, CA 92423
909/792-3568
(Tiger Performance Parts)

as extracted from Mark Olson's GREAT Tiger Web site:
http://cablepop.sc.intel.com/tiger/suppliers.html.

Dan is quite an expert racer and has come up with a great handling solution.
 Of course stiffer leaf springs and good shocks couldn't hurt.  Call Dan,
he's a great guy and is more than willing to help.

Scott Deane
I've got a Mark II with a few after market mods to improve handling,
[...]

Dan is quite an expert racer and has come up with a great handling sollution.