Re: Wood Wheels are for Little People

To: johnson@ids.net
Subject: Re: Wood Wheels are for Little People
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 97 7:39:57 PDT

> > Not for everyone perhaps, but if you've got more time than money...
>
> And if you are not tall...I threw the original steering wheel away years
> ago. The diameter Was big enough for a Greyhound bus. If you are over 6"
> tall, you can't get your legs under it. Have had a black leather
> Moto-Lita for 15 years. in fact, I have an extra I'll part with cheap,
> but without the column adapter.
>  Al J.

In the CAR article the wheel diameter was cut down to suit the author's
needs.  This would only work for a wheel with an embedded frame, of
course.  I couldn't do that with my wheel, for example, but if I wanted
a smaller diameter customized wood rim steering wheel, and didn't mind
the effort involved, the method in the article would be one way to go.

Roland