Re: Unusual Tiger

To: Tigers@Autox.Team.Net, Karl Gilchrist <xtr25618701@xtra.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Unusual Tiger
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 97 09:28:25 EST

     Get the TAC guys on the case, they'll figure it out.

     Jeff

Subject: Unusual Tiger
Author:  Karl Gilchrist <xtr25618701@xtra.co.nz> at INTERNET
Date:    6/25/97 8:17 AM

Guys (and inparticular Norm) can any one help me with a rather perculiar
Tiger that has turned up in New Zealand which a friend is considering
buying.

Its Chassis number is JAL 66220 and its serial number is B 382100021 The
engine number is 7407B19K9 (and apparently its a 289). It doesn't ring
quite true as the ID plate lacks all the normal screen printing (being
just a piece of flat thick aluminum) and the numbers are punched in
rather than raised up. It is being sold as a Mark 2 but still has
stripes down the side and has a Mark 1 grill.Some previous DPO has
fitted an auto transmission in it which the current owner was told was
factory fitted-obviously this is a load of bull. What have we got here-a
genuine preproduction Mark 2 or a badly done misrepresentation. Karl