roll over bars

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: roll over bars
From: Bill Gegg <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 11:48:29 -0700
I own a 1967 Mark 1A Tiger with an "installed" AutoPower roll bar.  By
installed, I mean that the bar is bolted to the floor pan in four
places.  However, I would like to more securely attach the roll bar to
the car.  Some thoughts......Weld a bracket to each side of the chassis
member that runs underneath the roll bar's front two mounting points.
This chassis member runs parallel to the length of the car and comprises
an "X" shape on the underside of the car.  The bracket would have nuts
weled to it and the roll bar would bolt to the bracket, through the
floor pan.  I don't have any ideas yet on how to secure the two rear
mounting points of the roll bar.

I have no objection to chucking the roll bar, provided I can come up
with a better answer.  Any ideas?????