RE: Archimedes'principle-Eureka's dirty bath water!

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Archimedes'principle-Eureka's dirty bath water!
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 11:09:26 -0500 (CDT)
Ramon wrote:

>Sounds like a crock to me.
>
>If the friggin' concourse is the problem, then get rid of the friggin'
>concourse. . . . .

An excellent solution, and is SO simple, why didn't we think of it
before?  Let's just quit judging cars.  Most people probably have their
personal favorites anyway, and no one seems satisfied with the winners.

Or, how about simplifying the concours judging?  What does one of those
fancy trophies cost?  Maybe $20?  On your application form, the
organizers could include a line with a box: "Check here if you would
like to receive a first-place concours trophy and add $20 to your
registration fee".

On the day of the big event, simply line the cars up, pass out the
trophies and everyone's a winner.  No judges to recruit.   No judges to
criticize.  No rules.  No politics.  No complaints (well, maybe that
one's perpetually unavoidable).  Save the rest of the day for more
important stuff. . . . like a tour to sample the offerings of local
breweries (Eureka had some great ones).

It just seems to me that these Tiger related events ought to be PURELY
fun and enjoyable.  The unpaid volunteer organizers shouldn't have to
endure a bunch of grief as they try to please everyone.  Drive the
cars, eat, drink, mirth and merryment should be the goals.  Doesn't
everyone enjoy a good party?

Opinions, just opinions.

Don Daves          <dondaves@ix.netcom.com>
Rio Del Mar, CA