Re: Rubber grommets

To: "Dr. Tym McDowell" <tym@exit3.com>
Subject: Re: Rubber grommets
From: ralph peterson <japeterson@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 20:09:29 +0000
Tym, I think what you are refering to is actually hole plugs instead of
grommets. But if you are looking for grommets most hardware stores have
a selection albeit limited and sunbeam specialties has a grommet/hole
plug kit that is primarily for the engine bay. Another source of
grommets (as well as most any other automobile fastener and body
hardware) is Au-Ve-Co (Automobile Vehicle Company). They have a pretty
good selection of grommets, but are lacking in their hole plug
selection. They are located in Covington, Kentucky and can be reached at
1 800 354-9816, but probably have a local distributor in your area.
Their catalouge is about 500 pages and has most things you would ever
need for your car's body. As a side note, when I bought my Tiger it had
virtually no grommets or hole plugs so  I put together a list of
application with dimensions for the grommets and hole plugs so I could
try and find sources for them. I am still working on the sources for the
plugs but would be happy to forward this list to you if it would help.
Jay Peterson