Rear hub

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear hub
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 19:59:45 -0400
At 05:10 pm 7/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Even though he used a torque wrench, the guy who installed my new
>tires broke one stud on the passenger's side rear.
>Does anyone have a hub for sale, complete with four studs?
>
>Tym McDowell

     It is a lot easier to put new studs in than to get the hub off.
Check out a Doreman assortment at the local parts store for
similar replacements.  Just use a punch to knock the old studs
out and then slide the new stud in the hole and pull tight with
a couple of washers under a regular lug nut turned around
 backward.  Grease the washers well.  The fun part is trying to get
the new stud in the hole with your fingers.  It can be done
according to previous mail messages.  I personelly used a slightly
shorter stud that was easier to get in the hole.
   I do have one old rusty rear hub if all other sources fail you.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others