vent screws

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: vent screws
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 19:21:19 -0400
At 08:13 am 7/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Can someone provide some info concerning the defrost vent covers on the
>dash. The covers seem to have locations for 4 screws but my MK1A only
>had screws filling 2 of theses holes. The holes which look like they
>were countersunk were empty. Is my car missing the countersunk screws or
>is this the normal configuration. I would  sure like to get the extra
>screws in (if needed) before I reinstall the windscreen this weekend.

Joe,
        As far as I know ( 3 examples at hand) the vent covers should
have 4 screws each. Phillips head similar to others holding various
panels on the Tiger.  I can guess that some one before you failed to replace
the screws.  You almost can't get the screws in with the windshield
installed in place.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others