electronic ignitions

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: electronic ignitions
From: "Fraser,Ron" <Ron_Fraser@xn.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:26:38 PDT
Joe
         I installed the IGNITOR from Pertronics several years ago, it works
great.
No points, no condenser,  one gap to set then forget about it.
 Install time was about 30 min.  Just remove the points and condenser
 and wire the the coil, install the pick up on the plate and run the
 wires through the distributor, put the magnet assembly over the
 distributor cam , and install the rotor, set the gap to .010"  to
 .070",  connect the wires to the coil, your DONE.    The only
 difference from stock look is the red  and black wire coming out of
 the distributor.

        I know some other people who are also very pleased with the IGNITOR
 as a stand along ignition add on.       I have a Jacobs electronic
 igntion system with the IGNITOR.

Check out the web site for Northern Auto Parts Warehouse to see the IGNITOR.
        www.naparts.com   under ignition and electronics         Ford V8
 part  #1281

I have seen the IGNITOR listed for Dual point , but it is not listed
 here, I think the number is 1281A.   You will have to ask.    They
 also have the lowest price listed of any vendor I know about.

Ron Fraser   B382000009