Ballast

To: ".Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Ballast
From: Jim Parent <jimparent@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 20:51:37 -0400
OK.............I dug my spec sheets out for my Mallory magnetic pickup
distributor and my MSD Blaster 2 coil; and I quote:

"Before starting the installation of your Magnetic Pickup Distributor, ma=
ke
sure that your vechile is equipped with an ignition ballast resistor or
loom resistance wire...................Failure to install the ballast
resistor in either of these cases (points type original ignition and
aftermarket coil, if coil voltage at idle is within 1 volt of Vbatt then =
ballast resistor must be installed) will result in the eventual destructi=
on
of the Magnetic Pickup Distributor."

AND

"This Blaster Coil is intended to be used with an MSD [sic] ignition.  If=

installing on a stock points style ignition system, a 0.8 ohm ballast
resistor must be installed."

YMMV

Regards,

Jim