Re: Unleaded Gas

To: DKanar@aol.com
Subject: Re: Unleaded Gas
From: Will Seay <wseay@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 11:08:44 -0400
DKanar@aol.com wrote:

>   I have a 65 Tiger that is still original.   I have been adding a lead
> substitute to my fuel when I gas up.   What type of damage or loss of
> perfomance will I possibly incur if I fail to add the lead substitute?   Just
> wondering.
>   Thanks in advance....
>
> DUANE KANAR        B9470344
> SEATTLE AREA
As far as I know, if your engine is already broken in, there is no need
for a lead additive.  Lead is necessary during the break-in process to
allow valves to seat properly.  As to performance, as long as your Tiger
gets the right octane rating in the gas (either via lead or other means)
there should be no performance degradation when you switch to unleaded.

Any other opinions?
--
Will Seay B382001570 - wseay@sprynet.com