Weights and Projects

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weights and Projects
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 22:03:54 -0400
At 09:55 PM 8/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Dave Williams' Engine weight list says the 221 thru 302 small block weighs
>460lbs, the Boss 302 is listed at 500lbs and the 351W is 510 to 525.  As an
>interesting related note there was a recent discussion on the fordnatics
>list a few days ago which pointed out that the FE (332, 352, 390, 406, 427,
>428, etc.)  family weighs within 25 lbs or so of a 351W if both motors were
>to use aluminum intake manifolds.  I've heard claims that the aluminum FE
>heads will save you 40 to 80 additional lbs (I know, wide spread) which
>would make a 390 with aluminum heads lighter than a 351W (with aluminum
>intake).  Hey Jim Barrett, what would it take to drop a 390 in my Tiger?
>

>Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
>marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
>                       '79 Spitfire
>                       Yamaha Seca 900 (aka XJ900RK)
>
>Frank,
        I have an Alpine in the garage that can take a 460 Ford.  Easy
to fit a 390, just move firewall and fender wells a bit.  Don't forget
 the new frontframes. Try an aluminum SVO 460 punched out to 512 to 800.
Minor problem with radiator for this much motor.
        Thanks for the weights, you confirmed my guess.

`By the way, I need the garage space.  Any one interested in
an Alpine project with space for a 460, Shortened 9" Lincoln Cont. 4:11 rear,
new rear end gears and limited slip. 4 speed top loader and tubs?
Lincoln Cont. Spindels , Lincoln disk brakes all the way around.
Needs a lot more work. Make offer.
In Palm Bay Florida, 30 miles south of  Cape Canaveral.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others.