RE: Brake Rotors

To: "'RPalmerBob@aol.com'" <RPalmerBob@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Brake Rotors
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 00:23:27 -0700
        Since very few of us are going to have dial indicator jig
attached to the spindle to measure that end run out (british term), We
just have to work with what we have.  I remember that manual reference
you made, but my dad said that it would be too tight that way.  Since
the Alpine uses Huge bearings up front, it seemed safe to allow a little
less stress on the bearings.  I have done it this way ever since.  Even
loos, the Monza bearing would burn up.  If you make the "OK" symbol with
your hand, that circle is the size of the outer bearings on the monza.
They lasted about 10,000 miles before they were scored and ruined.  It's
the worse design I have ever seen.  Never buy one !!  That's one of the
resons most V-8 vega's go to the Camero front suspension instead of the
Vega/Monza.

Keep'em Rollin'

Rich