Tach Problems..??

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tach Problems..??
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 03:54:03 -0700
        Just curious here.  I have always had a tach in every car I have
owned.  If they didn't come with one, I added one.  I always used the
same one,...the Sun Super Tach II.  They are fast reacting, switchable
for 4,6,8 cylenders, and never seemed effected by dwell, points, or
electronic ignitions.  They simply time the periods between the firing
of the coil.

        My question is:        Has anyone taken the stock tach and
removed all of the guts leaving (basically) the shell and the face
plate, and then added an aftermarket tach with basically the same RPM
sweep range, an no one is the wiser as far as operations goes?

Rich